Saturday, July 11, 2015

This adventure is over for us, Aletheia is ready for a new adventure with new owners

Goodbye from Aletheia!
The open secret of late is that we are done cruising. For now. Everything is "for now," because never say never, right? I sure don't know what the future holds. That's what makes it so fun!

Jenn has a great job opportunity in Denver, near friends and family and all the activities Colorado has to offer. She started the drive back yesterday morning! With her is our friend Marissa, who we met in Marathon and encouraged us to come to St. Pete. We are so blessed to have friends willing to drop everything just to take a road trip with a new friend! Marissa will fly from Denver next Wednesday, back here to Tampa Bay, where her husband Chris and I will be playing while the cats are away.
What you don't get with the boat
I would love to sell Aletheia to someone who has followed our journey, who is willing to take themselves to a simpler time when the wind and the current are all that matter. Check out the Craigslist ad for all the details. I'll give you a deal if you say you saw it on my blog!

5 comments:

  1. What!!?? But, I can understand - when you a great opportunity presents itself, you have to grab it. Congrats on the new job and fingers crossed for a quick boat sale. Will miss following along on your adventures. Cheers - Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ellen! I will continue to follow your adventures, and hopefully we'll get to meet up at some point in the future. I'm so happy your trip to the Bahamas went so well, and the cookies lasted more than the first passage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As hard or as sad as it may seem, sometimes things have to come to an end and there is a reason for everything and sometimes we don't even have the answers only questions! It was a great journey, I enjoyed the ride and maybe somewhere, sometime you will do it again, say in 15-20 years!! Talk soon....xoxo Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture of the car looks like a batch of dinghy trips to me.

    Who knows when the next adventure begins. Maybe the seeds for it are already sown and the sprouts just aren't up yet to be seen. Life has a way of making interesting unforeseen twists and turns. Thank heavens! What a dull world it would be if we knew exactly what to expect in life.

    love, mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Golly, I would love to buy Alethia ... she's even home ported to Denver! She's a beautiful boat, and you two have made her more beautiful.

    This is a huge shock, given that I was living vicariously through you two. I've no idea where to send my imagination now my favorite sailors are deboating!

    ReplyDelete